Okay! Here’s the deal. I’m not an ambassador Love Wellness, this is not a sponsored post or anything of the sort. I just stumbled upon these products on Ulta’s website and WOW! I am obsessed. I’ve had issues with metabolism supplements in the past. They made me feel wicked speedy and anxious and it was so unpleasant. The Metabo Love is the polar opposite. It gives me the energy I need to get my butt off the couch and be productive. It doesn’t leave a bad taste in my mouth or make me feel painfully empty and hungry. It curbs my appetite (not the reason I purchased it, but for sure a plus) and even helps me focus a bit. I am not a morning person by any means and these give me the push I need to get going.
And the Good To Glow? Forget about it! It’s amazing! After a week of use my skin was literally glowing from within and I haven’t been able to find any skin product or supplement that has given me such immediate and satisfactory results. As with the MetaboLove, it leaves no bad taste in my mouth and doesn’t upset my stomach. I haven’t broken out at all which I have with other supplements in the past.
I 27/10 recommend these products for anyone interested. I purchased these from Ulta and I will definitely be checking out other products from Love Wellness.
1. Do a face mask or a hair mask! A face mask and nose strip are my go to self care activity every single time. They make my skin feel so soft and radiant! I use the Biore nose strips and Glossier Mega Greens Galaxy Pack. This mask cleans your skin from the inside out. The only down side is for about 20 minutes after I use this mask, my face gets very red- but still so worth it!
2. Make a cup of your favorite tea. Growing up, and still today, tea was my mom’s answer for everything. Sick? Tea. Sad? Tea. Celebrating? Tea. Stubbed your toe? Tea! Not only is the smell of almost any tea so soothing and delicious, but the warmth from the tea eases your body into relaxation. My personal favorite? Mango Chamomile from Bigelow Tea.
3. Light some candles! Shut the lights, get a cozy blanket and pillow, and light a couple of candles. Fill your safe space with your favorite scents and just relax. I get all of my candles from TJMaxx, they are so affordable, fit any aesthetic, and there is any scent you could possibly want!
4. Put on some music! When I’m having a self care day, I usually listen to records on my record player. There’s something about it that comforts me and I can’t quite explain it. As of recently I’ve been playing the Plastic Beach vinyl by the Gorillaz.
5. Cook your favorite food! If you’re not the most inclined in the kitchen, ask your mom or another relative for a family recipe that brings you comfort. Maybe it’s a pot of chicken soup, or fresh meatloaf, maybe even as simple as a grilled cheese. No matter what it is for you, even if its just a bowl of Cheerios, there is no doubt that food brings comfort to almost anyone.
6. Buy a plant! My best friend worked at a plant store for years and has been obsessed with plants forever, but I just never really understood the appeal. For one thing, I have terrible allergies and I don’t know what would trigger them or not, and I always managed to kill any plant I had. But recently I finally started buying and taking actual care of my plants and honestly, I think I get it now. They made my home so much more homey and it’s really meditative to take proper care of them. Not too mention most plants help purify the air in your home!!
7. Change your sheets and make your bed! I think we can all agree that there is no better feeling than climbing into a nicely made bed with fresh sheets at the end of a long day. Try to make this something you do for yourself often!
Some people do a lot of it, some people literally wash their face with hand soap. Whatever you feel works for you! I’m one of those people that has a steady, everyday, morning and night routine. As I’ve said in the past, Glossier is my go-to for face makeup and skin care. Glossier has such a calming, pleasant scent of rosewater. I think out of all of my skin care routine, only the serums and the toner are either scentless or very minimal. Bottom line, if you like the smell of rosewater, Glossier is for you. I know that some might find that smell overwhelming, especially when it’s directly on your face.
Since I’ve started using these products, my skin has honestly never looked better. My face is bright, smooth, and even, what more could I want? I have pretty basic skin, not too oily and not too dry with almost no issues with blemishes, that being said, I don’t find that these products make my skin greasy and that is obviously my no.1. At work, I’m on my feet, running around all day in a hot salon, the last thing I want is to feel like my face is greasy and for me, that’s been a problem with other skin products in the past. My one issue that I do have with this line is if you skip a day or don’t do the whole routine, my skin gets very angry with me. That might not happen to everyone, but that’s what happens here. Other than that, A+++++++.
I’m going to go over my morning and night routine as well as the “tools” I use and the mask that I use once a week.
Milky Jelly Cleanser – Note that this face wash doesn’t get sudsy like some that you might be used to. That’s okay! Just clean your face thoroughly just like with any other cleansing wash.
Soothing Face Mist – I spray this all over my face after washing with cold water. This mist gives my tired skin the hydration it needs after a night’s sleep.
Super Glow – Okay. The Glossier serums are out of this world. I use Super Glow in my morning routine to give my skin a bright appearance (thanks to the vitamin C and magnesium) and it doesn’t leave a sticky residue like most other serums. I allow this to sink all the way in, about. minute or two, before I moisturize.
Bubblewrap – This eye and lip plumping cream is to die for. I tend to do my heavier moisturizing with my nightly routine. Bubblewrap is extremely lightweight and breathable, making it amazing for through out the day. Put one pump of this bad boy on to your ring finger, dab under the eyes and on and around the lips until nicely absorbed. As with the Super Glow, this cream doesn’t leave a sticky residue which is always ideal!
Follow your favorite lip balm for soft lips throughout the day!
I do this routine in the mornings in this order. Tie your hair up and cleanse that face and get ready for the day ahead!
Milky Oil– This is my favorite makeup remover!! All you need to do is shake it up, squeeze onto a cotton round, and wipe! Rinse and follow with Milky Jelly Cleanser.
Milky Jelly Cleanser – Same cleanser used in the morning! The gentle formula feels so great after you just scrubbed the day’s makeup and grime off your face.
Solution – AKA toner! Solution is the most gentle toner I’ve ever used. With no overbearing odor, you won’t knock the wind out of yourself every time you ship this near you nose! Pump some onto a cotton round and swipe across your problem areas. I tend to only use this on my T-zone, but on heavy makeup days I’ll wipe it all over.
Mask once a week (see below)
Soothing Face Mist – Like in the morning, spritz all over and feel refreshed!
Super Bounce – Another one of Glossier’s god sent serums! The vitamin B5 helps make your skin so so soft and the hyaluronic acid helps with hydration and keeps your skin nice and tight and plump.
Priming Moisturizer (Rich) – This moisturizer is RICH. Do not underestimate the name. All you need is a dime sized amount and massage it in!
Bubblewrap – Same steps as in the morning. Pump on to your finger and tap around the eyes and lips after moisturizing.
Follow in this order for perfect skin!
Cotton Rounds – You can find these literally anywhere in sleeves of 100 or more for $2-$5. Don’t wanna use rounds? Use whatever you want! Cotton balls, a reusable makeup cloth or pad, a face towel, whatever works best for you.
Face Roller – When my whole nightly routine is complete, I go ahead and help it really absorb into my skin with this face roller. I got this one from Ulta for $19. I love it! the little roller is amazing for getting under your eyes, nose, and lips. These rollers help relieve pressure and help to evenly massage your products into your skin.
Mega Greens Galaxy Pack – I use this mask once a week. This detoxifying mask is packed with antioxidants to help draw out all of that gunk from your pores! Beware that this mask will most likely leave you with red skin for about 20 minutes once you wash it off. That’s Okay! Just continue your routine as usual once you rinse (usually, I’ll apply a mask right after the toner). This mask has tiny little beads in it to help with exfoliation as well. I don’t want you to now have a typical idea of exfoliation beads from other products, this is not packed with them, just gingerly scattered throughout.
Don’t forget to take advantage of sunny days so that you can show off your glowing skin!
And don’t forget to include selfies of you from when you were trying to take a selfie of your glowing skin but your boyfriend is in the kitchen making you laugh. I found these giggles from a Live Photo and honestly I love them!
And as always, products that work for me may not work for you! Always stop using any product if you notice any reactions and if you have any sort of medical condition, always ask your doctor before using anything.